Top Deck Designs You Need To Check Out
Adding or improving a deck attached to your home is a wonderful way to build an area that provides endless amounts of enjoyment and possibilities. A deck can connect your home to your yard and nature beyond with beautiful wood or more unique materials. Decks are fantastic areas for entertaining as they provide the perfect space to dine or relax outside. They are also the perfect place to house spas, barbeques, fire pits, outdoor furniture, and much more.
Decks are best designed when you survey the layout and style of your home. Making the most stylish decisions can add a good deal of appeal to your property! This guide will showcase the top deck designs that can add serious panache to your home's exterior. Take a look at the top 15 choices we have laid out for you so you can build your perfect space:
1) Destination Decks - This type of deck will have a deck material pathway from your house that leads to a deck pad, providing a fun and unique getaway right outside your door. This makes use of your yard's best features by giving you the ability to plant your deck wherever you please.
2) Open Decks - An open deck can create a breezy entryway to your yard that will make more space available for lounging and barbequing. Not locked in by railings or walls, this deck type can make your backyard space into an unconstrained paradise.
3) Leveled Decks - Leveled decks can provide the perfect vantage area to maximize natural views. If your house has a lake, ocean, forest, or city view, you may want to consider this choice by adding stages to your deck platform. This is a great way to impress company and provide a perfect escape.
4) Elevated Decks - Elevated decks are similar to leveled decks but can take them to an even higher level! These decks can be placed on stilts or can be raised above the house to provide a better view or a space with more solitude. An elevated deck can offer a fanciful aspect to your space that has endless possibilities for customization.
Looking for professionals who can draw a perfect plan from the sketches you provide? My Site Plan can give you beautifully drawn plans for your property to obtain building permits within 24 hours!
5) Sun Lounge Decks - These decks are amazing at capturing the summer rays for those who love to tan or lounge in the sun. The most common designs for sun lounges have a sunken area where a cushioned sitting area will lay. These areas can also include a central firepit for perfect ambiance while entertaining.
6) Curved Decks - Adding curved lines with your deck's design can break up the monotony of the square corners of your house and add an element of style. The curved railing is more difficult to install but also makes for a beautifully designed area.
7) Naturally Blended Decks - These decks are perfect for the environmentally-conscious homeowner. Naturally blended decks make use of the natural environment like trees and grass and incorporate them into the design! Decks built around your yard's natural features are a sure way to win over home admirers.
8) Pergola Decks - A pergola can add some much-needed shade to an area as well as provide an ideal place to set an outdoor dining table or lounge chairs. Pergolas add an element of romance to outdoor areas that set off your space nicely.
9) Terrace Decks - Terrace decks can add an amazing outdoor space to your home on the second and third floors and beyond. These decks often provide the best view and are popular in cities. Consider a terrace deck complete with an outdoor garden for your design!
10) Cabana or Gazebo Decks - These are poolside wonders that provide an excellent place to lounge and enjoy a semi-private roofed space. Incorporating these structures offers an exotic feel to your home that will make them a dream to escape to.
11) Wrap Around Decks - Wrap around decks offer a stellar use of the entire perimeter of your house and provide a huge space to explore and relax. These decks are also perfect for homes with a view as they offer a panoramic vista of the surrounding area.
12) Covered Decks - For homes in rainier areas like the Northwest, a covered deck will be the go-to solution for homeowners to enjoy their outside space. Covered decks will also provide a safe storage area for your belongings like grills or spas.
13) Unattached Decks - Don't feel like your deck has to be constrained to your house! You can place one anywhere on your property to maximize the space. Decks by gardens or water features in your yard will be a welcome respite from the outside world.
14) Built-In Seating Decks - Decks with built-in seating can save a huge amount of space while providing plentiful areas to sit for guests. Benches built into the railing can go a long way to provide comfort anywhere you happen to be on the deck. Sunken decks also offer built-in seating benches that provide the perfect place to entertain.
15) Shaded Decks - Many homeowners have taken to decks with adjustable shading options with roller shades. This can make an outdoor space even more comfortable and private. Dividers and shades can transform a deck with solitary and inviting nooks. Consider the direction your deck is facing and how much sun exposure you would like before customizing your ideal level of shade.
Want to draw up plans for your property that include an amazing deck design? Contact My Site Plan to have yours within 24 hours!
Now that you have all the best ideas for decks, you can start planning your design today! My Site Plan can create a layout for any of your dreams that includes homes, decks, driveways, and so much more. My Site Plan is the fastest way to draw out your dream structures and visualize how everything will look on your property. With a 24-hour plan turnaround, your desired home plan is closer than you think!